The International Research and Practice Conference “FOSS Lviv-2013” will take place in Ivan Franko National University of Lviv on April, 18 – 21.
The conference is targeted at following directions:
- Free/Open software in education;
- Free/Open software in science;
- Free/Open software for business;
- Free/Open software at home.
Conference working languages are Ukrainian, Russian, Belarusian, Polish and English.
Developers, users, IT-managers and everybody interested in using free/open source software are invited to take part.
Tasks of FOSS Lviv-2013 are to provide effective communication and information exchange, to discuss the development perspectives of free / open source software in business, science and education, to initiate new projects of FOSS usage. Presentations and discussions are running on practical aspects of the development and uptake of software, as well as on decrease of the information systems licensing costs.
The participation in the Conference is free of charge. It is necessary to register before April, 14, 2013 to take part in it (please visit the about page for more details).
Abstracts are to be submitted before March, 31, 2013.
The Conference organizers are:
- Ivan Franko National University of L’viv;
- Lviv Linux User Group;
- National Pedagogical Dragomanov University;
- Brest State Technical University;
- "Linux Vacation / Eastern Europe" Project;
- Ukrainian Academy of Printing